Fat food and friends

Fat cats, Fat cheek, Fat chance... i have an  issue with the word "Fat". Sometimes, just sometimes teachers have a woeful moment after all the traditional heavy treat foods at a morning tea and as the bell goes for the next class the 3- letter F word is uttered. Fridays are fabulous at our school...we have massive feeds (well i do) and I'm paying the price of a few (actually many) 'fat friends'! I was never really into the coffee and cake routine- until it started, and it is wonderful but i have to exercise self control, caution and remember the golden message...input must equal output. I tell my students to 'Own their Learning and study habits', to "Own their actions" to "own their digital footprints and legacy"...now i find myself seriously needing to own my own calorie intake...it is so hard....but the rewards are great!  Visiting One Tree Hill College last Friday was a rather fascinating experience. I don't know all the details but they are on a "get active" series. As I was shown around the school I saw some admin ladies going up and down a staircase- its about "keeping mobile" they said. An alarm buzzes every 45 minutes or so and a team of die hard's does what looked like a condensed boot-camp session.:" we are loving it" one of them yelled.
Point to this blog...we should all love the "keeping it mobile/making it happen/activating actions" initiatives  that allow all of us opportunities to be more active in what is often a very demanding and exhausting day. Recent  media articles have shown thermal images of brain activity before and after exercise; so if its so good for our students during the school day then it is good for us too.
Note to self: stretch up, shoulder blades down, 3 tummy tucks every 20 mins and do not complain about the walk to and from the far car park...it is good for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, stewardship and distributive leadership - my Elim Story

Dreamschool...

You grew up