You grew up

I am still mom
Mamma x2
You were my newborn, toddler, schoolboy and wonderful young lad
Now you’re an adult
A massive one at that
I would always “ Lie by you at bedtime... " we’d giggle
I’d read you tales
You’d tell me stories
We’d talk about the vastness of space and
God's incredible creation especially the Spoonbills, the Rhinos, the dolphins and the turtles
You had an endless list of questions about superheroes- you were going to be one someday
I never worried because I prayed fervently
Contending with those who would be harsh towards you
you have favor and goodness on your life 
Your ball skills were and still are a talent
At times you thought you were a fast fish...
You are a superhero. A very tall one 
Your kindness is more powerful than your biggest bicep flex 
Your hugs are the best! 

I used you as my companion when Dad was abroad
I always had company during the school holidays
Both of you are entertainers and have superb conversation craft
You learnt from the best.
Milkshakes at Maccas have been replaced with Affogatos or Long Blacks
at choice coffee spots
Our gifts from Pappa
My boys
My friends
My joy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, stewardship and distributive leadership - my Elim Story

Student centered learning still needs an enthusiastic teacher, esp at the start of the school year.