Inspiration

Many things inspire me...
 my Saviour,
trees,
wind,
water,
aromatic smells,
fabric,
smiles on teenage faces,
my husband,
my girl friends,
my generous colleagues,
my wonderful sons,
Olive trees and
pineapples!

From time to time an impacting article on lasting leadership and influence- this one is a keeper for sure:
http://zite.to/1txF3MD  

As a TeachNZ 2014 sabbatical recipient i have been inspired by the sights and sounds of working hour routines- and the delight to be able to break out of the "physical zone" and go places. I've been reading, visiting, evaluating,running and thinking. Creativity happens.
Last week i took my son to his Uni lectures, felt inspired to write about a particular tree while waiting for his two classes to finish.





My tribute to the majestic tree that screens the Coffee Club on Mission Bay.

Mission Bay Maiden

Tired, tall, troubled
but flourishing...
Shadows, shelters, screens
massive, old, bulging roots...
trip you up- she laughs,
crack it up- we grumble-esp.the pushchair runners
She hosts parties, is a venue for functions, families gather,
children and crazy in love boys try and swing, 
she sees the tickles, cuddles, hugs, summertime secrets 
and those treasured moments
carved into hard brown flesh; 
Even the unwanted love...
dates last.

Mission Bay's maiden Pohutukawa with her browning petticoat stands guard for the thousands of mini triathletes, the top class competitors and all the mums on a mission to firm their bums.
I scored today- i pulled into a bay- parked in her shade, walked over the way for my shot of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, stewardship and distributive leadership - my Elim Story

Dreamschool...

You grew up