Teacher Only Day 3



Fabulous Friday!
As part of our introduction to the new school year, staff take and make time to have communion together, often at Howick Beach. This morning was particularly special because I had the privilege of meeting Moselle and Minhi, two beginning teachers who will be teaching at the Junior campus. I was wowed by their statements of faith, their enthusiasm for the profession and the fact that they both enjoy running! So with eager delight I introduced them to the fabulous Karen Symons who could not hide her eagerness to get them on board the Elim running team. ( which isn't really an official team...we just love indulging in running stories...aka THE MARATHON,)
Raewyn shared a heartfelt message about the impact of kindness and fellowship, it blessed me to hear her recall a time a few years ago when my Grant exhorted teachers to capture the blessing and power we have in the lives of our students- Gods children. 
Mark led us in song and I know the Holy Spirit was with us, as the singing stopped a beautiful white dove flew away. 

Within an hour we were back on campus busily tackling numerous admin tasks, some were sorting options and I enjoyed Grace and Jessie's company for a few minutes as they help me fold and count 350 Orientation programs. 

The senior leadership team put on a quick BBQ- with Boerewors- I can't believe I forgot the tomato sauce!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, stewardship and distributive leadership - my Elim Story

Dreamschool...

You grew up