Rugby World Cup 2015 ONE WEEK LATER!



Post ASB Marathon for me,🏅 Post RWC15 Winning Match for all of NZ. The All Blacks are an Awesome team! We all bask in their determination and success.
They have won the cup. 🏆Again!
As an experienced classroom teacher I want the metaphorical  equivalent of that game on the pitch at Twicknham, in my classes for '4 more years!' 🏉🏈🏀🎯
Here is my "game" plan 2015-2019:
1. Every student is player who knows the rules of the game, I will ensure that each student in my learning cluster can access, can understand and can execute the rules of learning and achievement.
2. Every student is a player who knows their position, whether they are on the field, on the bench, as a sparing or training partner, as a glamorous or glamorous water carrier or as the injured team member who is still part of the team. 
3. Every student is a player who knows they are destined to win.
4. Every student is a player who knows they have a lot of hard work to do because winning isn't guaranteed, but as a team they are bound for success.
5. Every student is a player who will spend time with the 'mind coach' or counselor because a healthy mind that can set clear goals is as important as strength, power and fitness.
6. Every student is a player who has whanau in the crowd cheering them on, and even loved ones offshore.
7. As the teacher I am the referee/coach conferencing, calling fouls or speaking into the headphone, at times I am the referee who knows the rules and guidelines, to make an independent call or consult  the TMO, for moderation, correction or support.
8. The whanau, like the zealous crowds,  cheer when the students as players and the referee get it correct and they respond or boo when esp. the ref gets it wrong. But the game goes on. It has to!

9. The celebrations will be worth it at the end of the ' season'. Social media will have much commentary along the way but I know that if I get these "game plan" points right, my team, my students, might come out scarred or bleeding or with swollen ears but they will all know in their hearts, that they did it for the love and passion of the ' game! ' 💜.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, stewardship and distributive leadership - my Elim Story

Dreamschool...

You grew up