Are you STILL there? What a strange question!

This is mini me, Granny and big sister. It is the first photo Mum took with her Instamatic: back in 1968!
Gran was a Jackie O fan!
A colleague made a comment about sweet red baby shoes and I made a connection...

A Tribute

She is relatively new to the profession
She is gracious
and beautiful.
Little red shoes were a trigger...wow how time has flown, how i have grown....no I'm  not still THERE,
but i sure am...
HERE!
Still here
Still learning
Still teaching
Still loving my students
Still enjoying the power of collegial  friendship
Still thankful to be here

Still i believe in the words of a challenge in the early 80's- "respect  your profession and in due time you will reap the benefits of growing young lives"- that was then,
I didn't believe him then because my 1st 4 years in this demanding profession were exhausting and overwhelming,
Then i quit
Then i entered the "real" workforce
Then our firstborn arrived
He was perfect
Still is!
Then the big shift came- thought i'd never teach again
a new lifestyle
new experiences
new pain-loss-tragedy
Hollow,black,void.
Everything was new
EMOTIONS
were a minefield
Miracle bundle arrived
Perfect - still is!
Motherhood consumed
and rewarded
and demanded
Still i learnt...

Close counsel inspired and comforted me then
He loved me.
"why don't you apply" someone said- "me?", "never!"
I did. 13 others did too-I got the job.
Instep learning,
just in time learning
Professional growth, encouragement, affirmation
yesterdays students in tomorrows classrooms
BLURRR
steps to achievement and the regrowth of that dormant passion.
BLOOM where you are planted- HE whispered
I did
I grew
Gained confidence
and support
Still i lean on his love...
His guidance
still i listen to them and
totally appreciate them.
Those leaders then
they believed in me,
one is a  Doctor now
My colleagues then, are Tall Oaks now...
sometimes in tandem
sometimes refreshingly far up ahead
co-leaders now inspire me,
i look at how far i have come
standing in the crossroads- considering the ancient ways
Ah His grace is my vogue and His favor my eternal elixir
Still i learn
i want to be the one who  remains faithful and i
 consider its my turn now
"Can i be like them-
 to others
to the newcomers
to MY learners.".



Comments

  1. This was a goosebump reading. I love it. Keep writing. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, stewardship and distributive leadership - my Elim Story

Dreamschool...

You grew up