Musings- Joyful January and Fun February-

The 2014 School year is long gone, in fact the last time i stood in front of a class was sometime mid September. 
Ready or not the 2015 year has begun.
One word summarizes last year and represents this year. 
Learning.
If learning is my core expectation, my core business and that of my clients( students) ...then learning is also my greatest challenge and victory (success.)
My battle will always be to acknowledge my weaknesses and also to then professionally share my successes.
It is quite a challenge to put myself out there for others to judge, learn from or simply enjoy ( or be amazed at ).
My 2014  learning highlights:
1. Humility in leading an incredible Elim Staff through our first stage of the Alan November 1st few days program and now improving on this plan.
 2. Thankfulness in being included as a presenter along with Chhaya Narayan at the Inaugural     #edChat conference last year...and anticipating what that will be like this year. What satisfaction to be able to gift ideas to the teaching profession,
3. Delighted with the short stage of success with my own learning inquiry in a senior English class with the added expectation of what that will be like this year.
4. Committed to enabling all my students to blog!!!!!
5. Amazed at just how adaptable my colleagues were at embracing various digital programs in their classes and now they all seem so ready for the 2015 school year.
6. Relieved to have been awarded a teaching sabbatical.After year of epic personal loss- I was emotionally void and exhausted, so on reflection it has been a blessing to not have taught since mid September and now on reflection i feel so incredibly thankful for a time or refreshment and renewed passion for the job i love..
6. Grateful for the focused time to be able to sift, sort, pack and move into our new house.
7.Great to clear out clutter... that is one of the first things i needed to do in my classroom.
8. Host family from overseas..become 'Ambassadors for Aotearoa.'
9. Typing is my catharsis and continues to help scaffold me into 2015.
2015 is a new start.
new teaching venue...i am committed to MLP not just MLE.
I'm going to live the title of this post...in anticipation of what is to come.."state it and claim i"t one of the counselors explained in a discussion on PBT positive behaviour therapy.
I'm ready to welcome new students...to journey with them. To listen carefully and clearly to who they really are. To affirm and edify who they are, hear their dreams and most of all read and shape their stories!
i carry within me the magnetic enthusiasm that will keep my students fascinated and even in wonder of just how rewarding learning can be.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, stewardship and distributive leadership - my Elim Story

Dreamschool...

You grew up